5.27.2010

Motorcycling is beautiful

Went motorcycling on a beautiful evening. It was about 90 degrees out, but after 6pm it started to cool down and become very comfortable. It reminded me of why I wanted to learn to ride. I had ridden small motorbikes as a youngster and always thought it was so fun. I knew when I grew up that I wanted a motorcycle of my own and go ride.

Two years ago when I decided to finally take the plunge, I researched the bike I wanted exhaustively (way too much) and signed up for a safety course. I learned as much as I could, reading books and safety reports on the web. I got all my safety gear that covers me from head to toe in case of a crash. Just being out there on the road for hours feels amazing. There's no way to really describe the words. Bliss keeps coming to mind, a very high state of being, heightened awareness, sensory acuity, the beauty of the world comes into focus and it's wonder is clear. I don't think I ever felt that as a kid riding along the railroad tracks.

Creating a kind of life that is yours is a great thing. Being who you want to be and taking risks in life brings a sense of aliveness. Living my childhood dream of owning my own motorcycle has been worth it.

Take risks my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment